Common conditions of release include the fund member having reached preservation age and retired, or commenced a transition-to-retirement income stream; ceasing an employment arrangement on or after the age of 60; being 65 years old even though they haven’t retired; or having died.
Alternatively, under special circumstances, some benefits may be available where the fund member: -
• has terminated gainful employment;
• is temporarily or permanently incapacitated;
• is suffering severe financial hardship;
• meets conditions for compassionate grounds;
• has a terminal medical condition; or
• is taking part in the first home super saver scheme.
The Australian Taxation office is aware of scams and improper access, and will continue targeting Self-Managed Super Funds and their trustees.
It is the trustees responsibility to take care and always be prudent.
Information on this website is based on current regulatory requirements and laws, which may be subject to change. While care has been taken in the preparation of this information, no liability is accepted by Count, its related entities, agents and employees for any loss arising from reliance on information within.